The Accounts In Review Analysis
The 4A's maintains a cumulative analysis of published agency review/search activity. The Accounts in Review analysis includes:
- The account in review, winner (if known), incumbent & finalists;
- The nature of agency services that were reviewed;
- Approximate billings and/or approximate agency revenue/gross income, where known (12 ranges are specified at the end of the report);
- If a search consultant was involved the consultant is noted; and
- The marketer's business sector, designated into 34 categories.
The information is provided on a spreadsheet so members can readily sort the information.
Reviews that had pending statuses dating back to 2013 and are to be completed in 2014 have been shaded in peach.
If you have review activity that you want to include in the 4A's Accounts in Review Analysis please send the details to Helen Miranda, email@example.com.
Accounts in Review - 2014 Year End
Download Accounts In Review - 2014 Year End (Excel)
Accounts in Review - Third Quarter 2014
Download Accounts In Review - Third Quarter 2014 (Excel)
Accounts in Review - First Half 2014
The 4A's "Accounts in Review" analysis compiles information on publicly report account review activity. The description of the "Accounts in Review" analysis and the link to the report covering the first half of 2014 is provided below.
The 4A's "Accounts in Review" analysis compilation should be viewed as qualitative information rather than a rigorous and standardized quantitative benchmark...that being said we are often asked "How does current year Accounts in Review compare with prior year?". We thought that you might be interest in how first half 2014 review activity compares with 2013 first half review activity
"How does current year Accounts in Review First Half 2014 compare to 2013?"
- The number of published reviews captured in the 4A's analysis in 2014 is down by approximately twenty percent when compared with last year (304 reviews in the first half of 2014 vs. 384 for 2013).
"Does this mean that overall review activity is declining...or...are is the decline due to an expansion of project-based and specialist reviews which are not usually publicized?"
- Consultants led reviews are up modestly in 2014 (68 reviews in the first half of 2014 versus 66 reviews in the first half of last year).
Consultants led reviews represented 22% of reviews reported in the 4A's Accounts in Review analysis for January-June 2014 ( that compares with consultant involvement with 17% of reviews reported in the 4A's Accounts in Review analysis for January-June 2013)
Download Accounts In Review - First Half 2014 (Excel)
Previous Accounts In Review
2013 Year End Accounts in Review
2014 First Quarter Accounts in Review