Level of Experience
Job Title: Mailroom Clerk
Reports To: Mailroom Supervisor
Sorts incoming mail for distribution and dispatches outgoing mail
- Ensures that agency mail is received and delivered as quickly as possible.
- Ensures that outgoing mail is properly sealed, posted and transferred to the US Postal Service or other delivery service.
- Opens envelopes by hand or machine.
- Stamps date and time of receipt on incoming mail.
- Sorts mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
- Readdresses undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect address.
- Examines outgoing mail for any irregularities and seals envelopes by hand or machine.
- Stamps outgoing mail by hand or with postage meter.
- May address mail, using addressing machine
- Distributes and collects mail
- Weighs mail to determine that postage is correct
- No experience required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships
- Should be detail oriented and efficient
Download this job description.doc