• Plans and implements production of TV or radio commercials upon client approval of storyboards, scenarios, or scripts.
• Handles audio and visual needs of client and agency assignments, such as sales force presentations, customer presentations, and other communications which successfully achieve business objectives.
• Consults with Creative, Account, Research, and Legal staffs from inception of ideas through completion of production.
• Evaluates, solicits bids from, and negotiates with production companies selected by Commercial Producer.
• Submits cost estimates to client for approval.
• Directs flow of production through pre-production meetings, casting, shooting, recording, editing, music, opticals, color correction, and final client approval.
• Controls approved budget through all phases of production.
• Assists Director in management of the department, as necessary.
• Length and type of experience normally required: Three to five years with film or videotape production company, TV station production, or as Agency Writer or Art Director.
• Education normally required: Bachelor’s Degree.
• Personality traits and other standard requirements: Organized; creative; logical; perceptive; decisive; trustworthy; overall knowledge of film and videotape capabilities and nomenclature; experience in drama, comedy and music helpful; must keep abreast of industry prices, trends, and personnel capabilities.
Download this job description.doc