Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: operations, human resources, information systems, traffic, new business coordination, and agency promotion and communication. Assists the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
• Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise.
• Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
• Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO
• Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
• Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
• Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Insures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
Download this job description.doc