Responsible for all creative operations for a specific group of accounts to include staff supervision and work production. Directs the activities of subordinates to maintain the agency’s standards of creative excellence, timeliness, and profitability, while achieving the clients’ goals. Resolves functional conflicts through consultation with regional function heads. An experienced presenter. Senior-level client contact.
• Insures the timely development and execution of plan, campaigns, and projects to assure earnings, growth, and profit goals are achieved.
• Plans, develops, and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both profitable and quality service to clients.
• Provides detailed information and cost estimates to assure accurate data on which to plan and develop functional objectives and budgets leading to stable and profitable accounts.
• Supports other regional directors as requested and as resources permit.
• Provides leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the agency to staff.
• Cooperates with the local account service directors to resolve differences which may lead to discord in the office.
• Oversees creative consultations with account teams to assure appropriate creative strategies, adequacy/accuracy of input, schedules, budgets, production support, necessary reviews, and client presentations.
• Trains and supervises assigned staff of writers, artists, production and traffic personnel; oversees their execution of all creative efforts to insure they are on strategy, on budget, and on schedule.
• Keeps the account team leaders aware of the use of outside services and materials to assure timely billing and to minimize write-offs.
• Recommend staffing and compensation changes.
• Assures the staff adheres to established agency policy/procedures, with special emphasis on the purchase of outside services.
• Maintains external professional relationships to assure the ongoing availability of specialized expertise, gifted freelancers, and reputable studios/producers when their services are required.
• Participates in the new business efforts as directed.
• Executes duties and assignments as directed in compliance with corporate guidelines and objectives.
• Facilitates and promotes corporate initiatives and values throughout the function.
Download this job description.doc