Level of Experience
• Directs the timely efforts of Accounting employees in the recording of all transactions and the preparation of all financial reports.
• Assists in the preparation of all audit schedules and review of the books and records with outside audit team.
• Prepares monthly balance sheets and profit/loss statements for Board of Directors.
• Responsible for all corporate accounting records and their maintenance in accordance with established disposal schedules.
• Responsible for the direction and planning of monthly closing. Controls the flow of data into general ledger.
• Maintains adequate controls of receipts and disbursements.
• Prepares necessary entries to properly reflect monthly results.
• Performs special reports and studies as directed by Assistant to the Treasurer or Treasurer.
• Length and type of experience normally required: Three to five years as Chief Accountant with demonstrated supervisory ability.
• Education normally required: Bachelor of Science Degree with Accounting Major.
• Personality traits and other standard requirements: Good leadership qualities to direct efforts of employees; self-starter; versatile; decision-maker; practical judgment; mature; good interpersonal skills; good planner; well-organized and analytical.
Download this job description.doc