• To effectively supervise the financial, legal, personnel, and internal affairs of the agency.
• Reports to the President and the EVP.
• Reporting to the Controller are the accounting staff and the Office Manager.
• Achieves the timely recording of all transactions and the preparation of all financial reports.
• Manages client billing, both media and production.
• Manages monthly closing. Controls the flow of data into general ledger.
• Prepares monthly balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
• Maintains all corporate accounting records in accordance with established disposal schedules.
• Assists in the preparation of all audit/review schedules and review of the books and records with an outside audit team.
• Ensures that media payments to vendors are reviewed, verified, and approved.
• Maintains adequate controls of receipts and disbursements.
• Ensures that the agency’s cash flow is adequate to meet its commitments.
• Manages the agency’s travel and entertainment policy and procedural guidelines, execution, and updating.
• Prepares special reports and performs studies as directed by the President, EVP, and SVP.
• Supervises external audits requested by agency clients.
• Protects corporate assets through sound accounting policies and procedures which include:
• Provision for insurance coverage, as required; and
• Protection of business assets and loss prevention through internal control and internal auditing.
• Contributes to corporate strategy and operations as a key member of executive management which includes:
• Management of cash and other investments;
• Maintenance of bank relationship;
• Receipt, custody, and disbursement of the company’s monies and securities; and
• Credit and collection management in a timely fashion.
• Obtains monthly projection of revenue from EVP, prepares annual and monthly expense forecasts upon which management decisions can be based, such as:
• Accuracy of year end forecast; and
• Appropriate budgets and budget directives.
• Works with the EVP and AE’s to track and institute plans for all losing accounts first, then all accounts.
• Assumes responsibilities of Network Administrator; manages information systems which include:
• Development of and use of electronic data processing facilities (for payroll processing); and
• Development and use of management information systems (personal computers and the computer network).
• Administers tax strategy.
• Coordinates legal affairs.
• Manages office staff.
• Administers all benefit and insurance-related areas, including:
• Company-funded benefit program;
• Vacations; and
• Agency financial goals are met.
• Audits/Reviews reveal competent accounting practices.
• Budgets are met in area of responsibility for Controller.
• Agency operations run smoothly.
Download this job description.doc