Reports To: President & COO
Positions Reporting To Director of Human Resources:
All positions in Human Resources
- Benefits Administration
- Human Resource Information Services
- Account Services Secretarial Staff
Primary Objective of Position
To aid top management to effectively manage the asset base of [agency] by developing, recommending, implementing/coordinating program and policies encompassing the following:
- Performance management
- Career management, succession planning, and outplacement
- Employee services
- Identify and recruit on a timely and organized basis the talent needed to help [agency] move its clients’ businesses ahead.
- Develop, recommend and maintain competitive and creative compensation programs for all employees.
- In collaboration with department heads create effective performance review and MBO programs which are designed to measure individual performance and to identify opportunities for improvement and challenges.
Training and Development
- Identify, recommend and, as necessary, conduct programs intended to aid individuals and groups in improving their job performance.
- To review, develop, recommend and administer cost-efficient, appropriate benefit programs.
Career Management, Succession Planning & Outplacement
Work closely with top management to:
- Identify high potential employees.
- Develop career programs for those important to our continual growth as a company.
- Establish appropriate programs and timelines to assist a smooth transition for those who may be entering or exiting their positions.
- Identify, recommend, implement/coordinate programs to encourage the maximum productivity of employees, both as individuals and as members of a team.
- Function as counsel to individual employees, department heads and top management.
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
- Equitable treatment of all employees within a business context.
- The rules, regulations and laws promulgated by local, State and Federal authorities which impact on the terms and conditions of employment of all employees.
- Cost impact of all programs on the financial health of [agency].
- Develop effective relationships with all departments throughout.
- Pursue professional growth opportunities.
- Participate in, and seek leadership roles within, organizations and activities which help [agency] in the industry and community.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business. Advanced degree in Industrial Relations or Business a plus.
- Five years Human Resources work of increasing responsibility, preferably in service industry.
- Administration skills to supervise 5 to 15 employees.
Download this job description.doc