Reports to: SVP, Human Resources Director
Administers and performs recruiting and interviewing functions, and HR generalist functions for corporate services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the entire staffing process: recruits, screens, interviews, tests and selects employees to fill vacant positions throughout organization
- Writes recruitment advertisements for posting in newspapers, internet and other recruiting sources
- Teams with vendors such as placement agencies, temporary agencies, background investigation firms, law firms and others to enhance the recruiting process
- Provides training such as interviewing, sexual harassment, discipline, diversity and other HR and related topics
- Conducts exit interviews with departing employees and compiles and reports trends to management for action
- Represents organization at employment -related hearings and other investigations
- Drafts and assists managers with drafting Position Descriptions and ensures ADA compliance.
- Leads the organization’s employee immigration process.
- Drafts field and administers employment related company-wide policies and procedures.
- Manage company college relations and internship programs.
- Perform other HR duties as directed.
- Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university required
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification preferred
- Target Selection (TS) certification preferred
- Four plus years of recruiting and human resources generalist experience preferred
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to carry out detailed and sometimes complicated written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and an understanding of HRIS / EIS information retrieval and report writing
This position does not supervise the work of others
Normal office environment. Occasional travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must be able to see.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this joib description.doc