The Database Developer/Data Analyst is an integral member of the Database Team in the Direct Department. This person is responsible for not only database applications and procedures but also analysis and application development. The Database Developer/Data Analyst is a key contributor on assigned projects, working proactively and independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, builds and implements relational databases
- Tests databases for performance, fine-tuning when necessary
- Completes documentation on all assigned systems and databases, including business rules, logic, and processes.
- Researches and evaluates new techniques and tools, making recommendations to purchase and/or implement when appropriate
2. Application Development
- Authors appropriate programs as necessary
- Tests, documents and implements programs developed
- Works closely with other members of the database group, sharing knowledge and making recommendations.
- Demonstrates a proficiency in standard application tools, i.e., CHAID, regression, etc.
- Interprets results provided by standard analysis tools and makes recommendations to account teams and/or clients based upon results
- Evaluates new analysis tools and makes a recommendation based upon relevance to Direct Department
- Communicates effectively in both a verbal and written manner to internal and external services
- Ascertains the client’s needs and effectively communicates them back to both the client and account team
- Maintains direct, timely and appropriate communication with clients
5. Agency Operations
- Understands and follows agency procedures, while taking a leadership role in seeking ways to improve upon them
- Ensures that accurate time sheets are kept and submitted in a timely basis
- Remains knowledgeable about the operations of the agency as a whole
- Teaches procedures and operations to subordinates, if applicable
- Takes overall ownership of assigned accounts and processes vs. relying on others
- Looks for ways to contribute and add value to assigned accounts and account team
- Has fun!
Basic Skills Needed
- BS in MIS, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, preferably in a Direct Environment
- Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office)
- Data Mining Skills such as CHAID, regression, etc.
- Interpersonal Communication (written and verbal)
Download this job description.doc