Reports to: Senior Software Developer
Assists in the development and support of internal software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing and maintaining Visual Basic/VB Script code supporting internal business applications from various users and developers.
- Creates reports utilizing Crystal Reporting to support current and anticipated business needs.
- Assists in creating databases for internal customers using MS Access or SQL Server.
- Assists in developing and supporting web-based applications using ASP and VB Script for the Intranet, Internet and the company’s online newsletter.
- Works closely with other members of the IT team on special applications as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Science or Computer Science preferred.
- At least six months of working experience utilizing several of the following: Visual Basic, ASP, VB Script, Java Script, SQL Server, MS Access and Crystal Reports necessary.
- Knowledge of Windows NT, 95 and/or 2000 preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to work independently and make decisions within the scope of responsibility along with judgment to escalate problems appropriately.
Visual Basic, ASP, VB Script, Java Script, SQL Server, MS Access, Crystal Reports, E-Mail.
Does not supervise the work of others
Normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc