• Has at all times an overview awareness of information developed by specialists and experts in the Group.
• Allocates department assignments among Group members.
• Prepares proposals to clients and prospects for special marketing projects.
• Carries out special marketing projects for clients.
• Provides marketing consulting services to account management groups.
• Suggests areas of marketing investigation.
• Reviews and critiques work prepared by Group members.
• Maintains Group personnel mix at an optimum level of skills/experience types.
• Plans and arranges for the continuing professional development of Group members.
• Represents the Group in interdepartmental projects.
• Prepares and oversees the department budget.
• Length and Type of Experience Normally Required: A minimum of ten years balanced experience in marketing-related positions; e.g., brand management, marketing, sales, account management. At least half this experience should be with an advertising agency. Should have exceptionally broad knowledge of all aspects of marketing.
• Education Normally Required: Master’s Degree.
• Personality Traits and Other Standard Requirements: Highly analytical. Excellent judgment. Skilled expository writer. Effective oral presenter. Able to comprehend and cope with a large number of creative and administrative projects simultaneously. Sensitive to interpersonal relationships. Able to inspire a high degree of confidence. Able to revise and critique professional work constructively. Able to motivate professional excellence.
Download this job description.doc