• Has at all times an overview awareness of information developed by specialists and experts in the group.
• Allocates department assignments among group members.
• Prepares proposals to clients and prospects for special marketing projects.
• Carries out special marketing projects for clients.
• Provides marketing consulting services to account management groups.
• Suggests areas for marketing investigation.
• Reviews and critiques work prepared by group members.
• Maintains group personnel mix at an optimum level of skills/experience types.
• Plans and arranges for the continuing professional development of group members.
• Represents the group in interdependent projects.
• Prepares and oversees the department budget.
• Length and Type of Experience Normally Required: A minimum of 10 years balanced experience in marketing related positions, e.g., brand management, marketing, sales, account management. At least half this experience should be with an advertising agency. Should have exceptionally broad knowledge of all aspects of marketing.
• Education Normally Required: Master’s Degree.
• Personality Traits and Other Standard Requirements: Highly analytical; excellent judgment. Skilled expository writer. Effective oral presenter. Able to comprehend and cope with a large number of creative and administrative projects simultaneously. Sensitive to interpersonal relationships. Able to inspire a high degree of confidence. Able to review and critique professional work constructively. Able to motivate professional excellence.
Download this job description.doc