Reports to: Media Buyer
Purchases media space and time for advertisements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Negotiates and purchases television, radio, and print media for all accounts within an assigned group of markets.
• Estimates, updates and adjusts all broadcast ratings per demographic, per quarter.
• Negotiates all rates, special placement and added value by medium for all markets
• Documents all negotiations, makegoods and credits.
• Executes all media plans in the assigned group of markets within established budgets; buys media space and air time.
• Designs optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goals delivery and vendor agreements.
• Meets with media representatives and accesses media database to research available options for media placement.
• Maintains all media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results of all buys.
• Monitors buys in progress by spot checking placement and negotiating credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
• Tracks media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
• Collaborates with clients and media team members to resolve media billing issues.
The Assistant Media Buyer supports smaller and lower profile markets than do the Media Buyer and the Senior Media Buyer.
• High School Diploma required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
• Media or Media Buying experience preferred.
• Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes involved written or oral instructions. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Personal Computer proficiency; MS Office preferred including MS Outlook. This position will also regularly use Ad Aid and/or other media buying and media research specific software.
This position does not supervise the work of others.
Normal office environment. Occasional travel to supported markets may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Employee must be able to see.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc