Under the direction of the Business Development Senior Officer, to coordinate opportunities to introduce the agency to prospective clients.
Overall, to coordinate all new business activity, participating wherever appropriate on the planning, implementing and follow-up of such activity. More specifically, to be involved in the following areas:
Direct Lead Generation
• Mailer solicitations -- handling three to four mailings per year; developing with senior management an accurate, well-targeted list; maintaining and updating mailing list prior to each mailing; overseeing all details of mailing (employing agency support where necessary), etc.
New Business Presentations
Introductory or Credential Meetings
• Schedule prospect meetings and planning sessions.
• Assist in developing agenda, format and materials for such initial meetings.
• Provide all existing materials to be used.
• Set up and clean up room and handle all other mechanical details.
• Assist where requested by task force leader.
• Provide requested materials.
• Maintain tracking report on meetings for prospect and internal files.
New Business Materials
• Coordinate planning and development of basic agency materials -- kits, brochures, pocket pieces, boards, etc. -- and assist where appropriate in developing any new or special materials needed for initial new business meetings.
• Organize and maintain central depository of all new business material and general material, i.e., fact books, questionnaire responses, basic credential charts, commercial reels, radio reels, slides, presentation boards, case histories, personal bios, photos, records of specific presentations and prospect files.
• Keep all materials updated (in-house, etc.).
Assist in Keeping All New Business Activity Free of Cross-Purposes
• Make sure key people are apprised of all contacts and solicitations, and vice versa.
Assist Wherever Appropriate in Responding to New Business Questionnaires.
• Serving as information resource center and obtaining and providing all relevant material to delegated task force leader.
Maintain Prospect File and Track Prospective Activity
• Conduct preliminary research required for solicitation stage.
• Read and clip from trade magazines and business papers all pertinent information on targets and circulate where appropriate.
Prepare and Circulate Periodic New Business Status Reports
• Provide current activity, progress, next steps, etc.
Download this job description.doc