Reports to: C.E.O.
Responsible for the management of all new business plans and activities for which increased revenues / profits will be realized, while upholding the mission and values of the Agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with New Business and other agency teams on RFP’s, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Assists in defining goals for new business development.
- Advocates knowledge of and supports the agency’s mission, culture, confidentiality, standards, etc.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on new market / business leads and opportunities.
- Initiates and manages effective relationships with selected, developed leads on an ongoing basis.
- Manages multiple new business prospect engagements for themselves and key agency executives.
- Assists in recommending, establishing, and being accountable to implement strategic and / or tactical new business marketing plans designed to achieve agency goals and objectives.
- Evaluates market research and adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining a prospect database.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Corporate Communications to ensure that all communications and materials reflect the agency brand personality.
- Works collaboratively with other agency offices in co-pitches or assists with their RFP’s , pitches, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Seven or more years of experience in marketing and developing new business strategies required.
- Advertising agency experience required.
Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data. Ability to write reports, presentations and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present results to senior management, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect information, establish facts and suggest conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
Does supervise the work of others
Normal office environment. Travel required to client locations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Download this job description.doc