Reports to: New Business Director
Responsible for the development of new business accounts for which increased revenues/profits will be realized, while upholding the mission and values of the agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines goals for new business development.
- Demonstrate senior level business acumen.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on market/new business opportunities.
- Initiates and manages effective relationships with developed leads on a continuous basis.
- Manages multiple new business prospect engagements.
- Works collaboratively with New Business and other teams on RFP’s, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Evaluates market research and adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Develops and maintains prospect database.
- Prepares new business activity reports for senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Seven or more years of experience in developing new business accounts required.
- Advertising agency experience required.
Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data. Ability to write reports, presentations and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present results to senior management, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect information, establish facts and suggest conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
Does supervise the work of others
Normal office environment. Travel required to client locations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job decription.doc