Primary Objective of Position
Ensure the finest print quality is achieved within the clients’ budgets and timetables. Supervise, schedule and purchase all pre-press related materials and printing.
• Electronic studio preparation – artwork and mechanicals: Review electronic specs for disk preparation with separator or printer to determine the suppliers’ needs. Directly inform the Digital Pre-Press Supervisor of the specs to assure correct disk preparation.
• Purchase all separations, retouching and printing. Write purchase orders as required. Review all proofs with Art Directors, interpret their revisions, determine the best method for executing, and review the revisions with the supplier. Triple bid all estimates for separations and printing. Supervise film preparation and shipping of ad materials.
• Artwork: Review bids to be certain art is being purchased competitively. Review method of art preparation prior to purchase to be certain that it is prepared properly to achieve the desired creative result when it is printed.
• Prepare estimates and approve billing for Pre-Press Digital Studio prep, separations, printing and retouching.
• Prepare pre-production timetables for all projects and forward to Traffic Manager for necessary distribution.
• Notify account group of any pre-press estimate overages at the point in the work that they occur.
• Directly purchase all transparencies to ensure quality.
• Explore new pre-press and print technologies such as Dupont’s Waterproof color proofing and stolhastic printing. Apply the new technologies to clients work as applicable and review them with other Print Producers.
Reports to Director of Creative Services.
Download this job description.doc