Reports to: V.P./ Director of Corporate Communications
Assists with developing and writing for the company’s internal print magazine, the on-line magazine and the intranet.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in developing, producing and writing articles for agency internal print magazine.
• Proofreads and maintains communication content on agency intranet site.
• Assists in developing, producing and writing articles for agency on-line magazine.
• Produces and distributes press releases on new accounts, new campaigns, new employees and employee promotions.
• Researches and arranges speaking engagements and recommends board memberships to senior managers.
• Assists in writing speeches for senior managers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications required.
• Three plus years of work experience in journalism or public relations required.
• Good written and oral communication skills required.
Ability to read and comprehend sometimes – complex instructions, sometimes – lengthy correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, senior management and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
Does not supervise the work of others
Normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc