Reports to: Director of Research
Manages the research process workflow through the primary research specialty of the agency research team. Responsible for promoting the capabilities of the research team among internal and external clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops research and team skills of Research Supervisors, Senior Research Analysts, Research Analysts and account planners.
• Develops research training for research personnel.
• Represents research team on major strategic initiatives and advises senior level agency/client management on research issues.
• Assesses clients’ research needs, recommends research, develops proposals and presents them to clients.
• Monitors projects to ensure compliance with timing, budget and quality requirements.
• Participates in client planning sessions and interacts with client services staff on research projects.
• Assists client teams and the planners in strategic planning.
• Resolves research issues and questions of methodology, analysis and interpretation.
• Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent required.
• Eight to fifteen years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Proficient in all qualitative and quantitative research designs, data collection methods (mail, telephone, mall intercepts, internet, fax, personal interviews), and types of research (i.e., attitude/awareness, concept testing, customer satisfaction, and pricing) required.
• Excellent project management skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of secondary sources. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to senior management, vendors, clients, customers and employees of the organization.
Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables. Understanding of key statistical techniques such as confidence intervals, significant testing and sampling theory.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software, proficiency in statistical software (SPSS).
Does supervise the work of others
Normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc