• Manages Media Research Department, including training and development of personnel.
• Directs and coordinates media research activities for all offices; acts as liaison between Media Research and other departments, clients, outside organizations, and industry associations.
• Keeps abreast of developments in media and advertising; synthesizes issues into policy and applications; generates topics for investigation.
• Determines Media Department policy on research sources and applications. Investigates and evaluates available syndicated research services and computer capabilities; recommends and maintains contracts with those most efficient for Media.
• Disseminates to Media and Account Management staff information on media issues, developments, and dimensions via the Media Reports and other releases.
• Counsels Media Department staff in the interpretation, analysis, and use of the media research tools for client-specific problems and generalizes results, where applicable, to Media Department needs; develops new and more effective uses of research resources and facilities.
• Length and Type of Experience Normally Required: Five years of media research or media planning, with previous supervisory responsibility.
• Education Normally Required: Bachelor’s Degree.
• Personality Traits and Other Standard Requirements: Ability to conceptualize on a broad scale. Ability to work with, direct, and motivate others. Confident. Creative. Innovative. Solid writing and presentation skills.
Download this job description.doc