Job Title: Account Planner
Reports to: Team Leader
Responsible for the consumer relevance of the brand communication strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents the client in all advertising communications through consumer research and dialogue with primary research specialists, account managers and creatives.
- Leads and participates in strategy development initiatives for clients and new business.
- Presents research/strategy findings in client and new business meetings.
- Works with the account manager to effectively craft creative briefs and brief creative staff.
- Collects research project input and prepares project/tabulation specifications.
- Designs and monitors the design of questionnaires and topic guides.
- Moderates focus groups, analyzes data and develops implications and recommendations.
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to client business.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college required.
- Work experience, including fieldwork or internships in advertising either in creative work or qualitative research and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data. Ability to draft research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively support presentation of research results to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, PowerPoint
Does supervise the work of others
Normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.