Job Title: Account Planning Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Account Planning
Summary: Responsible for guidance of others in ensuring the consumer relevance of the brand communication strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides training and guidance for Account Planners and Assistant Account Planners in developing creative strategies and in briefing.
- Interacts effectively as a strategy partner and advisor with top agency and client management.
- Ensures the integrity, quality and effectiveness of the planning function is consistent with client needs, the agency’s/team’s goals and [Agency]’s vision horizons.
- Regularly evaluates planning processes and resources, demographic data, consumer profiles, etc. to identify and recommend solutions that improve quality.
- Actively participates in new business strategy development.
- Personally plans and, wherever appropriate, executes qualitative research.
- Presents research/strategy findings to clients.
- Collaborates with Insights Team providing input on information needs, research design and instruments, analysis and implications on research initiatives.
- Effectively crafts Integrated Communications briefs and provides clear, inspiring briefings to integrated disciplines.
- Collaborates with media planning to identify opportunities for touchpoints with the target audience.
- Acts as a resource on the target audience for creative and integrated disciplines during the development of execution.
- Works with more junior Account Planning personnel to develop and present training sessions to other Agency personnel.
- Creates collaborative relationship with creatives and integrated disciplines in development of executions that are on strategy and will resonate.
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Travels frequently to visit clients and to attend client related meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required.
- At least ten years of related work experience in an advertising agency working in a related area, including at least five years in account planning required.
- Must be able to travel frequently to visit clients and to attend client related meetings.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data. Ability to write research reports, presentations, white papers and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present research results to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, PowerPoint.
Does supervise the work of others.
Normal office environment. Frequently required to travel to visit clients and to attend client related meetings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision. May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.