How to Apply | Application | Why MAIP
Through the Multicultural Advertising Intern Program (MAIP), students work at prestigious advertising agencies on various accounts, interact with advertising professionals on a day-to-day basis, and gain valuable professional credential that can help better position themselves in the marketplace.
Students selected for the annual 10-week paid summer internship program, which runs from early June to mid-August, will hone their skills in one of the following advertising disciplines:
- Account Management
- Art Direction
- Broadcast Production
- Media Buying
- Media Planning
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Social Media Strategy
- Strategic/Account Planning
How to Apply
To be eligible to apply for MAIP, a student must be:
- Asian/Asian American, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Black/African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Multiracial or Multiethnic (e.g., Hispanic and Black);
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States (visas are not accepted);
- Currently a college junior, senior, or graduate student at any accredited, degree-granting college or university, or a student attending an established portfolio school (including fall 2013 and spring 2014 graduates);
- Maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
-- College juniors, seniors or second-year graduate or portfolio school students must meet the GPA requirement at the time the application is submitted. First-semester graduate students or transfer students must meet the GPA requirement with their Fall semester grades. Proof of GPA must be submitted via an official college transcript upon request.
- Able to show your passion to kick start a career in advertising through your essays.
If you qualify to be a part of MAIP, the internship could be a big step toward a career in a dynamic, creative industry. But, the first step is up to you.
The 2015 MAIP Application will be available in September 2014.