How to Apply | Application | Why MAIP
Through the Multicultural Advertising Intern Program (MAIP), students work at prestigious advertising agencies on various accounts, interact with advertising professionals on a day-to-day basis, and gain valuable professional credential that can help better position themselves in the marketplace.
Students selected for the annual 10-week paid summer internship program, which runs from early June to mid-August, will hone their skills in one of the following advertising disciplines:
- Account Management
- Art Direction
- Broadcast Production
- Digital/Interactive Design
- Internet Marketing
- Media Buying
- Media Planning
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Strategic/Account Planning
How to Apply
To be eligible to apply for MAIP, a student must be:
- Asian/Asian American, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Black/African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Multiracial or Multiethnic (e.g., Hispanic and Black);
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States (visas are not accepted);
- Currently a college junior, senior, or graduate student at any accredited, degree-granting college or university, or a student attending an established portfolio school (including fall 2012 and spring 2013 graduates);
- Maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
-- College juniors, seniors or second-year graduate or portfolio school students must meet the GPA requirement at the time the application is submitted. First-semester graduate students or transfer students must meet the GPA requirement with their Fall semester grades. Proof of GPA must be submitted via an official college transcript upon request.
- Able to show your passion to kick start a career in advertising through your essays.
If you qualify to be a part of MAIP, the internship could be a big step toward a career in a dynamic, creative industry. But, the first step is up to you.
The deadline for the 2013 MAIP Intern Application has already passed. If you are interested in applying, please check back in Septmber for the 2014 application.
For your reference, the 2013 application can be found here.