The Generation Next Fund was established in 2006 by the New York Council Board of Governors of the 4A’s to support diversity in the advertising agency industry in New York City.
The fund provides resources for activities and programs that cover the following categories: Education, Employment, Outreach, Engagement, and Retention.
In 2013, the following organizations were provided with resources to further the fund’s mission and goals:
- Prep for Prep, formed in 1978, identifies NYC’s most promising students of color and, through rigorous training programs, and prepares them for placement in independent schools.
- CUNY's Master's in Branding + Integrated Communication (BIC) seeks to shape the new cross-disciplinary challenges of creating and managing brand identity at a time when global, digital, and more immresive communications are rapidly evolving.
- Sponsor Education Opportunity (SEO) provides academic enrichment and career development opportunities to talented young people from underserved and underrepresented communities. Generation Next partners with SEO through its Scholars Program, a year round, academically rigorous program that prepares urban public high school students to earn admission and succeed at competitive colleges and universities.
- The High School for Innovation in Advertising and Media (IAM) is the first public high school dedicated to teaching ethnically diverse high school students about advertising, design, and media with the specific intention of building a pipeline of talent for the industry.
- Multicultural Advertising Intern Program (MAIP) connects aspiring, diverse, entry-level advertising professionals with leading advertising agencies across the country through its 10 week professional development program.