Operation JumpStart provides financial assistance to aspiring multicultural art directors and copywriters, and has provided scholarships for more than 150 students since 1998.
$10,000, paid in two annual installments
An applicant will be considered for a scholarship if he or she meets all of the following criteria:
- Registered as an incoming graduate or portfolio school student at one of six designated OJS III portfolio schools (The Miami Ad School, The Portfolio Center, The Pratt Institute, The Ad Center at Virginia Commonwealth University, The Creative Circus, The University of Texas at Austin) or a full-time junior at one of two designated OJS III colleges (The Minneapolis College of Art & Design or The Art Center College of Design at Pasadena)
- Is African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, Native American, multiracial or multiethnic
- Has extreme financial need
- Shows creative talent and promise
- Is a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
Applications are available from the aforementioned schools. (The 4A's does not distribute applications directly to students.) Scholarship winners are announced in September.
See also $100,000 in Scholarships to Multicultural Students Pursuing Advertising Art Direction and Copywriting Is One Way 4A's Attracts an Inclusive Workforce.