Designed to develop the next generation of agency management, Launch for Leaders is a two-day immersive workshop that provides managers with 7 to 12 years experience an opportunity to build critical skills to become effective agency leaders.
Over the course of two days, participants will dissect the challenges of three partners in a fictitious startup agency, allowing them to explore key areas of leadership development through the following lenses:
Leading the Business
|Understand the roles and responsibilities of an effective leader, drive profitability, develop a broader perspective, establish and execute strategic organizational priorities, and create a motivating environment that supports great work.
|Discuss organic, reactive and prospective new business growth strategies as well as growth through the lens of recruiting and hiring world-class talent.
|Uncover all aspects of client leadership from understanding clients, building and expanding relationships, leading clients forward and selling transformational ideas through a challenging client case-study scenario.
|Learn critical people skills, such as setting meaningful performance goals, providing effective feedback, collaboration, coaching for better results, dealing with difficult people, and handling conflict.
In addition, individuals will take part in a DiSC for Leaders assessment, which identifies their personal strengths and growth areas in relationship to leadership capability.
- Learn your leadership style and how to adapt to the styles of others.
- Develop fundamental skills needed to be an effective leader.
- Create an action plan for implementing post-workshop, which includes: an organic growth plan; relationship map to expand influence; client buying dossier to improve selling ideas and strategies to clients; a focused development plan; and more.
- Form life-long relationships with your agency peers and co-hort, while unpacking how simple and key decisions influence or shift the business.
This program is designed for high potential employees with 7-12 years of experience who are:
- Senior Supervisor to Group Director level across all departments
- Managing a team
- Interacting with senior-level clients
- Employees with long-term potential at the agency
About the Facilitator
Mark Strong is a highly engaging trainer with more than 25 years of experience in the advertising world. He’s worked with blue-chip brands such as MasterCard, BMW, Starbucks and Levi’s at agencies such as Fallon and McCann. Within these organizations, he’s held roles such as Director of Account Management, Chief of Staff, Director of New Business and Head of Learning & Development.
In addition to training professionals in advertising and other creative industries, Mark has more than a decade of experience as an Executive Coach, strategic facilitator and team building expert. He is accredited through the International Coach Federation and has significant credentials from Coach U, The Landmark Forum, DiSC, Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School affiliate, and The Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching.