View All Posts Great thoughts Matthew
. Like Deutsch, we're doing everything we can at Bernstein-Rein to promote a new business mentality within all aspects of our agency--especially in our relationships with current clients.
Just the other day I was looking at a survey conducted for the 4A's by MilwardBrown
. The survey asked marketers what challenges and frustrations they have with their current agency and what triggered their last search for a new agency. The responses clearly indicated that, in many ways, we should treat our current clients with the same eagerness, proactivity and innovativeness that we treat prospects. Throughout the report, marketers made scary comments like these about their current agency:
- "They don’t listen to our needs sometimes and just offer a somewhat generic solution."
- "They don’t come up with enough ideas on their own."
- "They don’t listen, do not seem to care about our business."
- "I need fresh new ideas."
- "I want someone with the ability to develop fresh new creative."
- "They need knowledge of our business and to bring us ideas."
When going after new business, don't we all try to have a profile that matches what those marketers are looking for? Don't our current clients deserve the same commitment, constantly? We should be wearing our new business hat at all times.