Agency/Client Relations, Agency Compensation, Value Creation
View All Posts
P&G discussed alignment of interests geared to drive superior business results over time by embracing the following core principles:
- Value Definition: focus on superior business results rather advertising or execution.
- Degree of Unification: a single compensation budget and strategy planning process.
- Relationship Structure: long-term relationships and compensation based on value and results.
- Degree of Flexibility: ability to shift resources, funding and metrics among integrated disciplines.
- Holistic Brand Building: integrated master planning, a brief for each initiative.
- The Benefit of One: one check, one brief, one cohesive message.
- BAL (Brand Agency Leader): coordinates all agency partners, “seat at the table” for all agencies, shared rewards for brand success.
- P&G Franchise Leader: approves BAL, partners and final creative, rewards all agencies based on brand revenue.
We’d like to know what you think about P&G’s approach to brand building, agency relationships, value-based compensation and integrated marketing communications.
Do you plan to explore a “P&G-type” strategic approach with any of your marketing services relationships?