View All Posts
"Best Practice" features include:
- Give the agency insights into the client's business problems and needs
- Dimensionalize what is lacking in the client's current agency relationships (i.e. why the review is being conducted)
- Contain a well crafted brief and specific agency search and selection criteria
- Crystal clear deliverables…Client deliverables and agency deliverables
- Explains why your agency has been invited to participate in the review
- Fosters "two-way" communications through both agency and marketer questionnaires (for example the 4A's Standardized Questionnaires + Toolkit)
- Encourage agencies to ask questions and provide frank answers to critical questions including budgets, approvals and compensation
- Introduce human components—encourage discussion
- Frame cultural beliefs and foster joint discussion of relationship expectations
- Process includes "work sessions" for jointly developing a spec brief, strategy and interim ideation approaches
- Reference research and metric parameters that the marketer feels are relevant
- Search criteria should specify key decision makers and include specific weighted criteria including expectations for capabilities, chemistry, process, spec and $$$$$.
The 4A's New Business Committees would like to gather your "Best of RFI’s-RFP’s Process" comments and suggestions so that we can craft a 4A’s recommended process. Should there be separate distinct RFI phase and then an RFP phase?
Please submit your comments below.
Posted by 4A New Business Committee: Mitch Caplan, Dave Lubeck & Tom Finneran