The 4A’s is set to host “Transformation 2011: Making It Happen” at the Hilton Austin Hotel Monday, March 7–Wednesday, March 9. This annual conference is a gathering of advertising and marketing executives including principals, creatives, strategists, media, digital and production decision-makers who will convene to hear and discuss how they are making impactful changes that are helping to advance their own and their clients’ businesses, as well as the advertising community.
Welcoming attendees will be 4A’s President and Chief Executive Officer Nancy Hill; Chuck Porter, Chairman, Crispin Porter + Bogusky (Chairman, the 4A’s) and Bill Koenigsberg, President and Chief Executive Officer, Horizon Media (Chair, 4A’s Media Policy Committee). Appearing on a panel together for the first time are holding company leaders: Michael Roth, Chief Executive Officer, Interpublic; Martin Sorrell, Chief Executive Officer, WPP; and John Wren, Chief Executive Officer, Omnicom Group being interviewed by Brian Perkins, Corporate Vice President, Johnson & Johnson. Time Magazine Editor-at-Large and CNN Host Fareed Zakaria will speak about events transforming the world. David Vladeck, Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection of the FTC will address the issue of privacy and advertising. A full list of speakers/sessions can be found at http://transformation2011.com/calendar.
“Last year, we brought industry professionals together to initiate the conversation for the first Transformation conference,” said Nancy Hill, President and CEO for the 4A’s. “We’ve evolved from dialogue about the need for transformation in our industry to hearing from thought leaders who are implementing changes and affecting the bottom-line.
Highlights of this year’s conference include:
- A TED presentation looks at what makes an ad worth spreading as well as what new forms of creative storytelling are transforming advertising;
- For the first time, highlights of the recent decennial survey conducted by the Census Bureau will be revealed and examined for its impact on potential advertising trends;
- Key findings from the 4A’s recently commissioned study on agency talent will be presented;
- Four agencies who have successfully “transformed” will reveal specifics about how they moved forward;
- Presentations from major marketing executives will include speakers from Cisco, Microsoft, P&G and Unilever;
- Six breakout sessions focused on communication planning, measurement initiatives, crowd sourcing idea/design, improved targeting and mobility/place-based business models.
In addition, the 4A’s has queried a group of venture capitalists to nominate companies/individuals who are making innovational changes that enable this industry’s progression. Three selected entrepreneurs who are reshaping business, culture and technology will speak at the conference about their process and success.
Texas singer/songwriter Robert Earl Keen will perform at “Transformation 2011’s” opening reception and dinner and Texas humorist and former gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman will welcome attendees at the opening breakfast. All information for “Transformation 2011” can be found at: http://transformation2011.com/.
About the 4A’s
The 4A’s is the national trade association of the advertising agency business. Its membership comprises virtually all of the large, multinational agencies and hundreds of small and mid-sized agencies from across the country. The 1,200 member agency offices served by the 4A’s employ 65,000 people; offer a wide range of marketing communications services, and place 80 percent of all national advertising. The management-oriented association founded in 1917 helps its members build their businesses, and acts as the industry’s spokesperson with government, media, and the public sector. For more information visit our Web site at www.aaaa.org or on Twitter @4As.