NEW YORK - September 17, 2012 - The 4A's, the leading trade association for the advertising and marketing industry, will launch the second annual CreateTech conference from Sept. 19-20 in Santa Monica, CA.
The event brings together creative technologists-developers, engineers, strategists - to share their vision of the possible. This conference is for professionals who want to learn more about the issues, opportunities and challenges for all businesses today facing technology-driven disruption. Topics that will be discussed include the following:
- New kinds of work (interactive, user-centered, functional, experience and new media) in advertising and marketing
- New relationships with clients through tech expertise and management
- New kinds of collaborations within the agency functions
- Developing career paths in the ad/marketing industry
"Technologists are moving to the front lines in creative, strategy and agency management," said Nancy Hill, President-CEO of the 4A's. "Tech is moving so fast, you have to get your hands and minds into creativity through experimentation, prototyping, and iterative techniques. You'll be able to do all that at CreateTech 2012."
Here are some highlights of the content from scheduled speakers during the 2-day conference:
- Facebook's Partner Engineer David Pio will discuss his company's OpenGraph
- John Underkoffler, Founder, Oblong Industries, will demonstrate the use of tools to create multi-user gesture-based experiences straight from the lab at Oblong Industries
- Innovative collaborations will be the topic of a panel consisting of Jesse McMillin, Design Director, Virgin America, and its partners Tool and Eleven
- What interactive designers can learn from science fiction, a discussion led by Chris Noessel, Managing Director and Practice Lead of Interaction Design at Cooper
The full agenda is available here.