NEW YORK—(June 27, 2013) – The 4A’s, the leading trade association representing the advertising agency business, announced today the creation of the 4A’s Data Advisory Council, a stellar cross-section of industry thought leaders with expertise in data and analytics that will collectively help the 4A’s formulate education initiatives and guidance to benefit its member agencies.
“We are mindful of the growth and proliferation of data and how that is transforming advertising,” said Nancy Hill, President-CEO, 4A’s. “By establishing this new advisory council the 4A’s aims to amplify and shape the necessary conversations around this vital topic.”
Among those who have been named to the 4A’s Data Advisory Council thus far are:
• Donnovan Andrews, VP, Media Sales and Operations, Bazaarvoice Media (Council Chair)
• Celiena Adcock, Partner Development Lead, Data & Audience Partnerships, Facebook
• Heidi Browning, SVP, Strategic Solutions, Pandora
• Joe Fernandez, CEO, Klout
• Adam Gitlin, Global Managing Director, Data Group, Annalect
• Dana Hayes, Head, Global Partner Development, Acxiom
• Brian Lesser, CEO, Xaxis
• Chris Paul, GM, Vivaki
• David Reed, SVP, Revenue Operations, MediaMath
“The goal of the DAC is to assemble business leaders who are using data to deliver a superior product to their customers. With their help, the goal is to educate, inform and elevate conversations around data usage in the marketing industry,” said Andrews. “I am excited to be a part of this initiative as we are in the early days of big data application and the 4A’s is well-positioned to deliver guidance and leadership on these matters.”
The Data Advisory Council’s first major initiative will be to help program a 4A’s conference on data, scheduled for October 2013 in New York.