About the Role:
The 4A’s is seeking a Learning and Development Specialist. Working as part of the Talent, Engagement, and Inclusion team, this role’s primary responsibility will be to manage all activities related to successful learning programs and supporting the team. The L&D Specialist will help us foster a culture of continuous learning for professional development for advertising agencies. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the impact of learning and development for advertising agencies and industry as a whole, grow your learning and development skill set with potential for relevant training and/or accreditation. If you are a rising L&D Professional with a passion and purpose for creating learning cultures, we would love to hear from you!
- Work with facilitators to schedule workshops and publish offerings on our registration site
- Assist with the administration, maintenance, and optimization of our online learning management system (LMS)
- Extract and synthesize data from engagement tracking, registration reports, and surveys to provide team with insights, feedback and next steps to continuously improve offerings
- Create and present post-mortem summary to track effectiveness of training and impact of learning
- Respond and address customer inquiries on registration and the use of the LMS in a timely manner
- Execute all logistics and communications with facilitator, venue and learners (scheduling dates, booking rooms, catering, welcome e-mails, tracking and ordering supplies, pre-surveys, tracking learners, etc)
- Track L&D budget and expenses in addition to requesting and processing billing and invoices of our programs
- Collaborate with marketing team in the creation and development of program materials (handouts, collateral, decks) and ensure all materials are kept up to date
- Prior to each session, liaise with internal/external teams and facilitators to ensure seamless logistics and a positive learner experience from program prep to program close
- Contribute in auditing content for quality control and maintain adequate inventory of our portfolio of offerings
- Program recommendation based on available content and personal review in evaluation template
- Work with internal teams to increase awareness of L&D programs: regularly present updates to staff, internal status meetings, and be point of contact for questions
- Proactively troubleshoot, address issues, and undertake appropriate next steps to resolve
- Manage all partner contract-related correspondence, documentation, and renewal while supporting and tracking the team deliverables
- Effectively work within our internal platforms/software (i.e. JIRA, NetForum)
- Preferred knowledge in learning management systems, Zoom, Adobe Creative Suite
- Keep all L&D digital documentation organized and up-to-date in team folders
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ years of work experience (prior experience coordinating learning & development or similar preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related work experience
- Strong technology skills in Microsoft office, Outlook and Google (sheets, slides)
- Strong data analytical skills to evaluate learning
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks
- Experience working with vendors, partners and agencies
- Growth mindset to epitomize what we champion
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Proactive, positive go-getter behavior
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Results-oriented and goal-oriented
- Ability to adapt well to changing circumstances
- Team player and ability to work independently
Where We Work:
- Great team with new mission & energy
- Amazing terrace views overlooking Bryant Park
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable Work/Life Balance
- Volunteer Days
What We Do:
Founded in 1917, the 4A’s was established to promote, advance and defend the interests of our member agencies, their employees and the industry at large. The organization serves 700+ member agencies across 1,300 offices, which control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
As the leading trade organization for marketing communication agencies, the 4A’s purpose is to help empower its members to deliver insightful creativity that drives commerce, and influences culture all while moving the industry forward.
The organization provides community, leadership, advocacy, guidance and best-in-class training that help enable agencies to innovate, evolve and grow.
4A’s Benefits division insures more than 160,000 employees and its D.C. office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.
The 4A’s Foundation fuels a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.
The organization is dedicated to, and vested in, our members’ success just as they are dedicated to helping brands create, distribute, and measure effective and insightful advertising and marketing.
At the 4A’s, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire, and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability – or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits and all other privilege.