About The Position:
As a key contributor to the Media and Data Practice, the purpose of this role is to deliver thought leadership, strategic and tactical support to media activities, media industry advocacy, and cultivation of the media and data communities through 4A’s Committee based activities.
The ideal candidate will have strategic mid-level media planning and buying experience – both offline and online. Importantly, the right candidate will have a progressive and curious approach/experience with media’s continuous platform expansion, a strong facility for data analytics and data processes, and strong familiarity with research and validation methods. This is a great opportunity for an organized self-starter, who can work well in a team, or individually.
In the Media & Data Practice, our objective is to work with the media community at large to “Raise the Bar” within the media community to increase the value and showcase the creativity that media agencies and media departments deliver to drive commerce for clients and impact popular culture.
The 4A’s Media Community:
- Assist in managing the direction, work, and output of media and data committees – quarterly meetings, initiatives, and overall coordination.
- Identifying goals and projects for 4A’s Committees (including securing speakers)
- Communicating meeting minutes and obtaining minutes approval with 4A’s Legal Counsel.
- Support 4A’s efforts to shape the necessary conversations around vital industry topics
- Individual consulting and interchanges/surveys to member agencies on media-related matters across channels, capabilities and best practices across all media channels and data approaches
- Content development/writing for member bulletins and newsletters
Coordinate 4A’s Media & Data Practice partnership with other 4A’s Practice Areas:
- Partner with the Marketing team on marketing media and data and educational events
- Support marketing logistics for media & data topics, including website updates
- Work with 4A’s Research Services to understand and keep members apprised of key trends
- Support the Media & Data practice in development and distribution of key thought initiatives
- Develop and manage department educational series (on-demand, webinars, Town Halls, etc.)
- Oversee management and logistics of regional educational programs with key partners
- Aid in the development and programming needs of key events – 4A’s summits/Forums
- Support industry advocacy efforts and POV’s, and collaborative initiatives with ANA. IAB, and other key industy bodies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience at a media agency or media department of an advertising agency
- Knowledge of media planning, buying and measurement from a media or full-service agency
- Experience in working with Data and analytical techniques and digital operations protocols
- Excellent skills in writing, communication and presentation
- Exceptional management and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable interacting and building relationships with both mid level and senior level executives
- Strong organizational skills, an ability to multi-task and solve problems
Where We Work:
- Great team with new mission & energy
- Amazing terrace views overlooking Bryant Park
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable Work/Life Balance
- Volunteer Days
What We Do:
Founded in 1917, the 4A’s was established to promote, advance and defend the interests of our member agencies, their employees and the industry at large. The organization serves 700+ member agencies across 1,300 offices, which control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
As the leading trade organization for marketing communication agencies, the 4A’s purpose is to help empower its members to deliver insightful creativity that drives commerce, and influences culture all while moving the industry forward.
The organization provides community, leadership, advocacy, guidance and best-in-class training that help enable agencies to innovate, evolve and grow.
4A’s Benefits division insures more than 160,000 employees and its D.C. office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.
The 4A’s Foundation fuels a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.
The organization is dedicated to, and vested in, our members’ success just as they are dedicated to helping brands create, distribute, and measure effective and insightful advertising and marketing.
At the 4A’s, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire, and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability – or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits, and all other privileges of employment.