About The Position:
The purpose of this role is to, under the guidance of the VP of IT, manage Network/Systems performance, security, availability, and business continuity. This role will also assist with client desktop services, AV conferencing, and application management. S/he will be a highly visible technology professional that will inspire others with clear and pragmatic direction that’s considerate of the 4A’s needs.
- Manage, maintain and support 4A’s network infrastructure and systems administration including:
- Active Directory, Windows domains, and GPOs.
- VMWare and hosted virtual environments
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2, 2016
- Network protocols and services: TCP, UDP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Network and application account creation and management
- Managed Switches, Cisco Routers, and SonicWALL/Cisco Firewalls
- Management of SAN/NAS including hardware, software, RAID, iSCSI, and other storage technologies
- VPN, VLANS, High Availability, Load Balancing, and Clustering
- Troubleshooting wiring and connectivity issues
- Realtime LAN and Cybersecurity monitoring, Siem Software/appliances
- AV Equipment Setup and Troubleshooting – Setup and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, and sound for staff meetings and 4A’s Events.
- Storage backup and recovery management, Barracuda appliances
- Web hosted applications and systems
- Avaya IP Office / Phone system
- Assist in managing help desk services and staff training including:
- Jira/Confluence Help Desk or similar service desk systems.
- G-Suite applications, G-Mail, Bettercloud, Zoom, Apple TV, and Slack.
- Microsoft Office suite
- MAC OSX, IOS, Windows 7 & 10
- Maintain system documentation to include:
- Network performance and usage reports
- Network inventory and diagrams
- Systems implementation, usage, and instructional documentation
- Security management and monitoring reports
- Assist in developing and enforcing System Policies & Procedures
- Hardware/Software Inventory and User Knowledge Base
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least five years of experience in Network/Systems management and administration.
- Must have strong communication/people skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent problem solving; able to prioritize and coordinate between tasks
- Strong understanding and experience with network components – ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers, and firewalls – CCNA is a strong plus!
- Knowledge of Sonicwall VPN and Windows Remote desktop solutions
- Good understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- AV setup and management experience
- Good knowledge of Windows 7, 10 OSX, G-Suite and MS Office.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Experience with virtualization technologies like VMware and Hyper-V
- Excellent research and documentation skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented, a strong sense of personal ownership.
- Persistent and dependable, especially in achieving project deadlines
- Passion for new technologies and self-initiated drive to provide all staff with an excellent customer service experience
Where We Work:
- Great team with new mission & energy
- Amazing terrace views overlooking Bryant Park
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable Work/Life Balance
- Volunteer Days
What We Do:
Founded in 1917, the 4A’s was established to promote, advance and defend the interests of our member agencies, their employees and the industry at large. The organization serves 700+ member agencies across 1,300 offices, which control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
As the leading trade organization for marketing communication agencies, the 4A’s purpose is to help empower its members to deliver insightful creativity that drives commerce, and influences culture all while moving the industry forward.
The organization provides community, leadership, advocacy, guidance and best-in-class training that help enable agencies to innovate, evolve and grow.
4A’s Benefits division insures more than 160,000 employees and its D.C. office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.
The 4A’s Foundation fuels a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.
The organization is dedicated to, and vested in, our members’ success just as they are dedicated to helping brands create, distribute, and measure effective and insightful advertising and marketing.
At the 4A’s, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire, and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability – or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits, and all other privileges of employment.