OC&C and Viga provide insights into the values and attitudes of Gen Z around the world.
The report highlights Gen Z’s social media usage, role of influencers (both celebrities and peers), path to purchase, desire of experiences over products, and priority of social causes.
It also outlines the following action points brands can implement to better reach this generation:
- Update consumer segmentation practices
- Choose your “uniqueness” model
- Enhance the shopping experience and/or develop a branded experience
- Build online communities where customers and brand advocates can interact, share knowledge, and review products
- Leverage social media to drive peer-to-peer marketing and selling
- Create ethical positioning that goes beyond the basics
- Have a clear mission and think about how you tell your story, both internally and externally.