Reports to: Design Director
Formulates concepts and executes layout designs for artwork and copy to be presented by visual communications media such as magazines, books, newspapers, television, posters and packaging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops concepts and collaborates with copywriters to produce a very high quality of advertising.
• Assists with monitoring all assigned production and follows through all phases of production.
• Delivers presentations to team and/or senior creative personnel.
• Designs in a variety of styles.
• Assists with monitoring budgets and timeframes in conjunction with production personnel.
• Remains current on industry trends and technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a four-year college or university required.
• One to two years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Basic understanding of printing process, photography, illustration, typography, editing, transfer and shooting of commercials preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software, Macintosh software, Quark, PhotoShop and Illustrator or Freehand.
Does not supervise the work of others
Normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc