Reports to: VP/Group Account Director
Supervises the production art team to prepare printer-ready files for artwork to be presented by visual communications media such as magazines, books, newspapers, posters and packaging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that all work produced is technically correct resulting in high-quality, printer-ready files.
• Assigns, schedules and estimates all production art.
• Ensures that production pieces are produced timely, on budget and with the degree of quality promised to the client.
• Maintains interaction with print production and art directors on scope of projects.
• Directs and guides production artists in preparation of files.
• Collaborates, as needed, with art directors to design and produce pieces for new business and client presentation.
• Remains current on industry trends and technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Computer Graphics or related field required.
• Ten or more years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Solid understanding of all production/printer-industry technical requirements required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in various forms and deal with several abstract/concrete variables.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software, Macintosh software, Quark, PhotoShop and Illustrator or Freehand.
Supervises the work of all production artists on the team, working closely to mentor them and develop their skills.
Normal office environment. Occasional travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Download this job description.doc