Reports to: SVP Human Resources
Responsible for administering and coordinating Human Resources generalist functions and company programs for the Agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates and is an active member on the Operations Committee.
- Recruits, interviews and assists in selecting employees to fill vacant positions.
- Administers Corporate Human Resources policies.
- Responds to Human Resources inquiries and inquiries from employees and external vendors.
- Assists in administering the performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
- Assists in administering the salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within the organization.
- Prepares and monitors annual agency Human Resources budget.
- Monitors the maintenance and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies.
- Works with senior management to assist and lead major agency initiatives.
- Assists in coaching senior level management through cultural and leadership issues.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carriers.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Achieves financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing a budget and managing expenditures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Seven to ten years of Human Resources generalist experience required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as industry journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to present information to senior management, public groups, clients or employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to deal with concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
May supervise a human resources coordinator. Occasional travel required.
Normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must be able to see.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc