Reports to: SVP, Human Resource Director
Supervises and coordinates payroll activities for the entire company and the various locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in payroll activities such as recording hours of work, processing time records, compiling payroll statistics, maintaining payroll control records and calculating payrolls.
- Partners with accounting/finance in maintaining the general ledger interface and producing management reports.
- Supervises the maintenance of the Employee Information System.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll tax issues.
- Reviews personnel records to determine names, rates of pay, and position titles of newly hired employees and changes in wage rates and occupations of employees on payroll. Maintains the Employee Information System.
- Adjusts payroll errors and responds to complaints.
- Responds to notifications from state agencies or others regarding former employment of unemployment claims filed by former or existing employees.
- Assists SVP/H.R. Director with salary administration issues.
- Obtains survey information from AAAA’s for salary administration.
- Maintains 401K reporting for discrimination testing.
- Maintains information for Workmen’s Compensation and 401K Audits.
- Administers HRIS/Payroll System.
- Partners with Benefits Team in maintaining benefits interface with payroll.
- Monitors wage and hour issues to remain in compliance with FLSA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related area required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- Five plus years of work experience in a payroll area working with multiple locations.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write sometimes-complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense and a thorough understanding of federal, state and local laws as they apply to payroll processing. Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to carry out detailed and sometimes complicated written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Will use word processing, spreadsheet, email, accounting and Employee Information System software with a strong emphasis on spreadsheets
Currently supervises one person.
Normal office environment. Occasional travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Employee must be able to see.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc