Reports to: V.P./ I.T. Director
Responsible for all aspects of development and support for internally created or supported application software, including: the development methodologies, technologies (language, databases, support tools), development and testing hardware/software environments, and management of the application development staff and project workload for the agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the projects and responsibilities of the Web and Software Developers.
- Responsible for the prioritization of projects assigned to the Application Development team.
- Responsible for the complete development lifecycle of the agency software systems; including gathering requirements, database management, software development, testing, implementation, user follow up, support and Project Management.
- Responsible for the Integrity, Maintenance and changes to the Application Development Servers and Databases. (DBA)
- Responsible for developing and implementing change control processes for the development team to follow.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and decision support required for management decision processes.
- Makes technology decisions that effect Software Development.
- Works on special I.T. projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science or Computer Science required.
- Ten plus years of Application Development Experience required.
- Five plus years of Database Design and Analysis required.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Working experience with current technologies used at agency preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to a wide variety of audiences from senior management end-users to peer technology specialists to internal clients and customers.
Ability to understand and analyze complex business problems in order to define and develop technology-based solutions. Ability to work independently and make decisions within the scope of responsibility along with judgment to avoid problems escalated to a higher level. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
N/T Server, SQL Server and Windows 2000.
Does supervise the work of the Web Developer and a junior programmer.
Normal office environment. Travel to other agency offices required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc