Reports to: C.E.O.
Manages and directs the organization in achieving it’s primary technological objectives based on long-term product and profitability goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes current and long term objectives, plans and policies for approval by CEO and senior management.
- Creates a technical vision for the company and plans for implementation of new technical projects or product lines.
- Advises, guides, authorizes and directs major technical plans and procedures in accordance with company’s policies.
- Formulates technical budgets, allocates technical resources and determines the schedule of product releases and project timelines.
- Plans and directs all investigations and negotiations relevant to technical operations of mergers, joint ventures, acquisition of businesses and sales of major assets.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization.
- Analyzes new technologies and compiles competitive analyses.
- Represents the organization with major customers, clients and the general public.
- Provides guidance to Information Technology specialists in all agency offices and works to build a corporate wide environment.
- Develops and monitors compliance by all agency offices of IT standards which are critical to the integrity, security and performance of agency’s technical infrastructure.
- Oversees and responsible for the implementation and performance of all corporate-wide technology initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- Ten plus years of work experience with network infrastructure, operations, application support and development required.
- Experience with desktop systems (PC and Mac) required.
- Experience managing corporate-wide projects preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups and / or boards of directors.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to translate business needs into technology requirements. Ability to work independently and make decisions within the scope of responsibility along with judgment to escalate problems appropriately.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
Does supervise the work of others. Travel to other agency offices required.
Normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download this job description.doc