Keeps at all times completely current on:
• New products/services being introduced.
• New marketing/promotion techniques.
• New methods or channels of distribution for a particular group or groups of products/services.
• Keeps at all times completely current on consumer psychological, social, and economic trends as they impact the marketing climate.
• Maintains a high competence in a particular area of technical skill; e.g., operations research, creative idea generation, statistics, problem-solving through group dynamics, etc.
• Maintains ongoing personal communication with specialist colleagues in the group, with members of the research department, and with personnel of the company information center so that he/she is aware of major developments in all areas and cognizant of the most efficient interdisciplinary interactions.
Uses this high degree of special expertise to:
• Provide marketing consulting services to all account management groups.
• Carry out special marketing projects for agency clients.
• Develop new product/service concepts for clients and prospects.
• Suggest new marketing or distribution opportunities for clients.
• Utilize the agency’s unique statistical/psychological tools for planning complex marketing strategies.
• Keep account management groups, clients, and agency management apprised of significant trends of special concern to them.
Length and Type of Experience Normally Required: A minimum of six years balanced experience in marketing-related positions; e.g., brand management marketing, sales, account management. Should have very strong background in one or more special areas.
Education Normally Required: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. In some areas, work beyond a Master’s degree is usually needed.
Personality Traits and Other Normal Requirements: Highly analytical. Excellent judgment. Skilled expository writer. Effective oral presenter. Able to work successfully on several widely different projects simultaneously. Sensitive to interpersonal relationships. Able to inspire a high degree of confidence.
Download this job description.doc