Reports to: Director of Public Relations
Responsible for entire Public Relations group client performance and the health of the agency/client relationship on all accounts. Analyzes business or operating procedures to devise most efficient methods of accomplishing work by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strategizes, motivates, coaches and directs the account management staff in the performance of their operating responsibilities.
• Plans study of work problems and procedures such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, etc.
• Responsible for the client’s brand development; stewardship of brand integration into all aspects of client’s business.
• Forecasts revenues and costs; tracks and analyzes monthly accounts receivable.
• Develops budget to support agency/team objectives and plans.
• Leads Public Relations new business pitches.
• Serves as senior counsel for senior level clients.
• Participates in media relation’s functions and maintains media contacts with the highest profile national, trade and/or regional targets.
• Coaches and advises public relations group on pitching media on client’s behalf.
• Reviews and approves annual public relations plans and campaigns before they are presented to clients.
• Assumes leadership role in educating agency advertising teams about public relations part in an integrated marketing plan.
• Ensures that annual planning sessions are conducted with all agency public relations clients to ensure the most strategic and highest level product.
• Develops message points and speeches for senior level clients.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in journalism, public relations or communications required
• At least eight or more years of account management, brand management, marketing, public relations or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common documents and journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and carry out detailed and sometimes complicated written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet Software, E-Mail and database software
Does supervise the work of others
Normal office environment Travel required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Employee must be able to see.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Download this job description.doc