• Report on current dimensions of advertising media; review historical trends that are pertinent to current media usage; analyze new media for applicability to clients.
• Investigate, analyze, and evaluate all syndicated research services, and monitor quality of service provided by contracted services. Act as liaison between the agency and syndicated services.
• Develop new, more efficient uses of media research resources and facilities.
• Prepare research reports and releases on media developments and issues, disseminating information to Media and Account Management personnel.
• Prepare detailed reports on advertising activity and expenditures of clients and competitors.
• Supervise assistant staff members and assist in their development.
• Length and type of experience normally required: Two years in media planning, buying, research, or related field.
• Education normally required: Bachelor’s degree.
• Personality traits and other normal requirements: Broad perspective. Self-motivating. Ambitious. Analytical, inquisitive nature. Interpersonal skills. Open-minded, articulate. Writing and presentation skills (or demonstrated potential.)
Download this job description.doc