The 4A’s Institute of Advanced Advertising Studies (IAAS) is the most effective program for helping Philadelphia’s next great marketing and communications leaders expand their exposure to the business-driving solutions that our industry creates. It helps our aspiring leaders to sharpen hard and soft skills through first-hand experience solving a real-world marketing and advertising challenge for one of today’s top challenger brands. The 4A’s Institute of Advanced Advertising Studies helps to propel your career through new experiences, challenges, and perspectives that may not exist within your agency walls. In fact, it has trained some of the best and brightest industry professionals in the business – including many of today’s top agency executives.
Join the IAAS today to be part of a 14-week experience that provides participants the opportunity to:
- Get outside their comfort zones and stretch their abilities
- Learn from industry veterans with a range of experiences
- Collaborate and overcome challenges in a team environment
- Gain perspective and exposure to broad and varied marketing disciplines
- Go from client brief to winning integrated campaign in 14 weeks
IAAS combines weekly instruction and access to industry mentors/advisors with a new business client challenge. This year’s participants will be divided into teams and asked to name and brand themselves as an Institute-based agency. Together, the teams will work to develop a strategic marketing solution to a critical business challenge provided by the Tic-Tac. Each team will “pitch” their plan – inclusive of insights, strategy, creative concepts and tactical/channel execution (paid, owned, and earned) – to representatives from the Tic-Tac, as well as agency leaders from across our region.
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for promising agency professionals with two to five years of experience across all disciplines—creative, media, research, planning, strategy, account management, public relations, direct marketing, digital, social and mobile. Titles often include, but are not limited to:
- Designers/Jr. Designers
- Copywriters/Jr. Copywriters
- Account Coordinators
- Account Executives/Assistant Account Executives
- Strategists/Jr. Strategists
- Social Media Managers
- Media Planners/Jr. Media Planners
- Digital Technologists/Jr. Digital Technologists
- UX designers
IAAS opens with a client challenge, and then follows the path of preparing for a new business pitch. Each week, industry instructors provide an overview of a number of skills the participants will need in order to successfully meet the client’s needs; topics include:
- Strategic planning and fundamentals
- Understanding the consumer, brand, and competitive landscape to uncover insights and develop a compelling creative brief
- Crafting an idea and integrating it across tactics and channels
- Presenting a plan from objectives, insights, ideas, and plan details, budget, and measurement.
A detailed course schedule will be provided to all participants following the close of registration, but participants can expect courses to be held every Tuesday evening from January 28-March 31 with two exceptions (which allow for teams to meet with their mentors & advisors). Classes begin at 6:00 PM and will be held at several Philadelphia agencies so students experience a range of environments across the city.
Final presentations will be held on Thursday, April 23 during the workday; attendance for all Institute participants is mandatory. There will also be a graduation event for all participants, instructors, advisors and the client team on April 30.
For Participating Agencies
After graduating from the Institute, your people will return to work with a better understanding of the big picture, an enhanced ability to work virtually in a team environment, and a renewed passion for doing excellent work and increasing their contributions. Marketing communications companies need a program that provides a real-life understanding of our business, and that is what IAAS delivers. The IAAS helps rising agency stars jump-start their careers and increase their contributions to their agencies. It is an efficient, cost-effective training program.
Gain a unique experience that will better prepare you for your career ahead. In the course of the Institute, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from experts in our field
- Work in teams to address a real-world client challenge
- Present your own ideas and marketing plans to both client contacts and your own agency leadership
- Gain insight into the different ways each agency works and approaches client needs
- Network with other up-and-coming professionals
- Build your portfolio
- Learn new skills for working within a team environment
- Stimulate your creativity to apply to your day-to-day responsibilities
Ultimately, this experience can accelerate your career and provide new perspectives that will shape your outlook for years to come. It helps make you a better collaborator and leader in our field.
The registration deadline for the 4A’s Philadelphia IAAS is January 13th. In some cases, late registration may be available, potentially at an additional fee. To register now, click the appropriate registration button shown below. We hope you’ll make this investment in your agency by registering your rising stars. Working in tandem with Tic-Tac is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
To register for a 4As event, you must create an account with us. Find out more about how we use your account information. Connect with us via email [email protected] OR phone 212-682-2500.
- 4A’s Members: $1,300 for the first participant from a 4As member agency, $1,200 for the second and $1,100 for subsequent registrants from the same member agency.
- Non-4A’s Members: Limited exceptions may be made. Please contact the Program Director for info.
NOTE: We urge you to register as soon as possible, but if you have any questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Registration: Contact Kiarra Elliott | [email protected] | 212-850-0789
|Programming/Logistics: Kristin Hummel, IAAS Director | [email protected] | 215-790-4343|