The purpose of this role is to provide thought leadership, guidance, advocacy and consultative support to member agencies on all media and data related issues including measurement, analytics, brand safety, programmatic, digital and blockchain technology. In addition, this leader will collaborate with industry partners across trade associations, media companies, platforms and technology providers.
- Deliver services to member agencies on all media-related matters covering all forms of media and data related needs
- Provide guidance and advocacy to member agencies for all media subjects
- Partner with the Chair of the 4A’s Media Leadership Council (MLC) to deliver a focused agenda and shape the needs of the industry with clarity and purpose
- Lead 4A’s Advertiser Protection Bureau (APB) and ensure ongoing focus and impact in the industry regarding brand and consumer safety needs across areas including OTT/CTV, news and future frameworks
- Serve as staff representative (or ensure team members lead) across all 4A’s media committees by overseeing the coordination of committee activities as well as communicating meeting minutes
- Lead Mid-Sized Media Agency Committee including oversight of the Mid-Sized Media Agency (MSMA) Summit in the fall and spring supporting the VP, Media & Data
Guidance & Knowledge:
- Identify opportunities to develop and refine existing studies, position papers, etc., to support members and their business needs
- Maintain high-level awareness of industry activities and trends from trade and general business readings, attendance at other industry events including relevant trade association meetings, etc.
- Bring to light emerging technologies, industry trends and the associated companies
- Participate and guide 4A’s efforts to shape the necessary conversations around vital industry topics
- Collaborate with the Strategic Services team to support development and content curation to guide vision for annual media conference (Decisions 20/20) and other related events
- Provide thought leadership to member agencies on the future of media and relevant implications
- Maintain close working relationships with key partners and identify opportunities to collaborate on industry initiatives including best practices and industry standards
- Provide leadership and represent the agency community with positive relations when representing the 4A’s with major industry organizations, such as the ANA, IAB, MRC and ARF
- Attend media-related functions and serve on industry boards and committees (e.g. ARF, OAAA, RAB) as a senior representative of the 4A’s
4A’s Leadership Role:
- As an active member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), collaborate and partner on organizational goals and priorities with colleagues and help in the successful execution of key initiatives (e.g. Blockchain)
- Contribute to revenue goals and growth through retention and new membership, event attendance, partnerships and relevant training/education programs
- Assist with media programming and partnership as needed for other 4A’s events (e.g. CreateTech; Management Practitioners Forum)
- Oversee and provide leadership and guidance to the Media & Data team
- Mentor and coach team: SVP, Media & Data; VP, Media & Data; and Executive Assistant (shared)
- Support the team’s performance goals as well as the growth and professional development of the team
- 20+ years of experience in a media agency or advertising business
- Knowledge of all facets of media, data & analytics, and a full understanding of the industry from an advertising/marketing agency perspective
- Versed in all aspects of data & media measurement, data capture and research as it pertains to digital marketing and media investment
- Superior knowledge of media theory and media terminology, including all forms of media
- Related experience within the advertising industry required including fluency in measurement, data and analytics
- Heightened interest, passion, and curiosity in the industry overall
- Natural ability to initiate partnerships and collaboration within the 4A’s,member agencies, industry organizations and media partners
- Excellent writing skills with ability to author documents on behalf of the
- 4A’s and be a vocal public advocate; strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional management and interpersonal skills
- Leader who can identify opportunities and address challenges through problem solving
- Comfortable working both independently and within a team
- Diplomatic, fair and inspiring to staff
Where We Work:
- Great team with strong mission and energy
- Amazing terrace views overlooking Bryant Park
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable work/life integration
- Volunteer Days
What We Do:
The 4A’s helps empower our members to deliver insightful creativity that drives commerce and influences culture, all while moving the industry forward. We are dedicated to, and vested in, our members’ success, just as they are dedicated to helping brands create, distribute, and measure effective and insightful advertising and marketing.
The 4A’s provides community, leadership, advocacy, guidance and best-inclass training that enable agencies to innovate, evolve and grow. Founded in 1917, the 4A’s is committed to protecting the best interests of its members, their employees and the industry at large. Today the organization serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200 offices, which control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
4A’s Benefits division insures more than 170,000 employees and its DC office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.
The 4A’s and its foundation fuel a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].