This annual report from Mary Meeker of KPCB highlights key global Internet trends, including:
- Growth of Internet users and usage
- Innovation and competition are driving product improvements
- Retail and e-commerce trends
- Mobile advertising growth and increase in content accountability
- Disruption in housing, transportation, and healthcare sectors and its affect on consumer spending
- Evolution of the job market and work expectations
- Value of data gathering and sharing in increasing personalization and creating better products
- Data privacy and cybersecurity
- Improvements in enterprise software
- Importance of immigration on USA technology companies.
A chapter on China covering similar topics is included. The media usage of both American and global consumers (including time spend per day with digital media) can be found throughout the report.