Member Development Manager
The role of the Member Development Manager is to ensure that the regional representatives across the MED team (East, Central, South and West) have the knowledge, insight and tools to ensure a high new member close rate. The role will require a combination of sales savvy, tenacity and finesse to identify, profile and drive the process for new member development. Succeeding in this role will enable the regional reps to focus on the most productive prospects and increase new member acquisition.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify high-potential member prospects in all regions and apply insight and instinct to profile each member for outreach, prospect dialog, and closing new members
- Leverage both internal databases and other sources of agency lists to create a high-potential prospect list
- Profile prospective members using contacts, online tools (LinkedIn, trade press, prospect website, etc), and insight to identify prospect needs, leadership contacts and potential 4A’s value proposition
- Be responsible for and ensure that follow-up takes place for all new member prospects that are captured through the 4A’s website
- Support the MED team and work with MarComms to create a standardized and templatized prospecting system that includes outreach emails, updated sales presentation materials, member testimonials as well as other marketing support materials.
- Work with MED regional team and other 4A’s leaders to identify and facilitate member-to-prospect dialog to encourage membership.
- Keep tabs on award shows, a listing of largest, fastest-growing, and “agencies to watch” in trade publications, and identify high potential prospects for outreach and follow up
- Work in partnership with the MED Manager overseeing incubator (4A’s start-up membership) to ensure the highest rate of transition from incubator member to full member
- Become an expert in current and planned (Salesforce) database and CRM tools/platforms to support MED team and ensure optimal leverage of technology and content
- Member Community Support
- Support MED regional representatives in executing regional board and council meetings to gain an understanding of the regional agency communities and identify ways to grow membership within each council area
- Assists in identifying 4A’s content and programming that will be of value to prospective members
- 3+ years of advertising industry experience, preferably in account management, business development, adtech or media or other sales to agencies
- Flexible remote work is available, though the manager is based in Chicago and 4A’s leadership primarily in NYC.
- Comfortable and experienced with desktop tools including spreadsheets and light database technology essential. Salesforce (Sales Cloud) experience is highly desirable
- Good understanding of the advertising industry and agency structure important
- Able to work seamlessly with a team in remote locations essential as the practice area leader is based in Chicago though will visit HQ regularly along with team members based in Chicago, Atlanta, LA, and NY
- Strong team player, able to collaborate well with others regardless of location
- Highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities with strong administrative skills and attention to details
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable making decisions
- Capable administrator who can assume a wide range of responsibilities and effectively execute multi-faceted projects
- Comfortable interfacing with senior-level members and prospects
About the 4A’s
The 4A’s was established in 1917 to promote, advance, and defend the interests of our member agencies, employees, and the advertising and marketing industries overall. We empower our members to drive commerce, spark connections, and shape culture through infinite creativity. With a focus on advocacy, talent, and the value of creativity and technology to drive business growth and cultural change, the organization serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200 offices, which help direct more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
The 4A’s includes the 4A’s Benefits division, which insures more than 160,000 employees; the government relations team, who advocate for policies to support the industry; and the 4A’s Foundation, which advocates for and connects multicultural talent to the marketing industry by fostering a culture of curiosity, creativity, and craft to fuel a more equitable future for the industry.
4A’s is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel policies are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.